Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sabbatical



Okay I know this is 7 months after my last…but don’t judge just love. My life has been psychopathic busy, and lets face it…I suck at blogging. But we are approaching finals and I need some way to de stress which doesn’t involve me ranting to my sister or girlfriend. So once again…me and the blog meet once more.
All craziness aside my life couldn’t have gotten better since that last time I posted. I made a huge life changing experience and I couldn’t be happier. This happened towards the beginning of June, and it was one hell of a ride. Thought it would ruin my summer. Alas, it was one of the best decisions I could have made. PLUS it allowed me to meet one of the most incredible people in the world. Her name is Kylie White, she is my girlfriend, and yes she is cooler than yours. After apologizing to her for being a mega douche for awhile, we repaired our relationship on the side of the road in Centerville. Since then, we have kinda been inseparable. Fireworks happened in more than one way on July 4th, and to quote an incredible musical. “I couldn’t be happier” (ps. If you know from what musical that is I will give you 200 cool points.
 
Yeah...We are freaking adorable.
Sentimental moment. During this insane life change, I learned that I have the most incredible friends on the planet. They didn’t understand everything that was going on, and sometimes they didn’t want it to happen…but through it all they stood by me and supported what I felt was right. Pretty sure the definition of friends needs to be that in the dictionary. Not quite sure what I did to get blessed with such friends, but I would be an utter mess without them. So thanks amigos. You know who you are!
Desert Cook off of 2012.
Children of the Corn..
On our way to Hogwarts


 
This single event caused my summer to be AWESOME. We started the three months of glory with a wonderful summer solstice party. I took botany and a chemistry class in the summer, and even that didn’t ruin the adventures I went on. The summer was filled with Mario parties, sensual pineapples, and a week long camping trip in the Uintahs that I am 97% sure is actual heaven on earth. (Not lying).
Fall quickly came and I was determined to make the most of the semester. I royally screwed my last semester up, and I can proudly say I have kicked this semester in the face. I am taking chemistry (which fights back on occasion), biopsychology, drugs and behavior, and zoology II. It’s a crazy ride and i don’t know how I do it, but somehow I am loving this semester. In the spring I will start taking all upper division classes, and writing my capstone for neuroscience. Boo. Yeah.
I feel like I am rambling…maybe so. Anyway. Life is good. More than good…it’s incredible. To make this post not as happy go lucky though…I have two beefs at the moment…here they are.
           
The election. I love politics. They are fantastic. But when people start making it a personal issue and glorifying who they support. I. Cant. Handle. It. The week of 9-11 social media was a buzz about how we are all patriotic and the best country out there. It was refreshing to see, especially when this country is struggling. However, the very next week people started attacking the presidential candidates…HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE!? And when I say attacking I don’t mean some political banter…it was full on Obama is not American. HOW!? He is the bloody president of this country. How in Zeus’ name is the president of this country not an American….? Baffles me. I honestly don’t care who you support. I like Obama I am a liberal…some like Romney… doesn’t bother me. What does bother me a lot is when you close your mind and start believing idiotic rumors about the opponent and you think its scripture. You then attack others because they don’t believe the same thing. Grow up people. We all root for the same team. Get. Educated. (this probably should have been a separate post….my bad… more to come…)
 
This Is who I am voting for!
 
Second rant….zealous Mormons. I believe in the LDS church. I served it for two years and have a burning testimony of this gospel. But so help me when you attack others for not believing exactly the way you do…I get pissed. Real pissed. Everyone has different beliefs and morals and what gives people the right to judge others. God has given everyone the right to choose their paths, and if mine differs from your zealous path a bit…leave me alone please. Religious Zeal is a form of pride, and is just as damning as any other sin. People can bash on Obama like he is the Antichrist like its nobodies business…but if I say shit it is grounds for excommunication? Something is wrong here. Why are people so worried about modesty, swearing, and trivial stuff like this, when we could be cultivating our spirituality and reaching out and helping others? Isn’t one more important than the other? People in my life have been hurt because they do stuff that others think is wrong. Even if it is...why is it your business, and isn’t that what repentance is for? Nothing makes me not want to be less spiritual more than morons who don’t understand that being different and having different beliefs is not a sin. Maybe I will just become a neopagan….heh So people…don’t be a Pharisee and throw rocks at the adulterer. Lift them up and be a friend.
Okay I am done with my rant, and this post. Sorry it’s so massive. Just thought I would update the blogging world with my thoughts. I am trying to make it a goal and keep this thing updated. Oddly enough every time I do post…I feel so much better! Three cheers for stress relieving!
P.S. As of this moment there are 51 days till Christmas. Be. Excited.
P.P.S If you read this entire thing…you get 300 blogging points. Another 200 more and you could gain a level….make it a goal.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post Max. You're honest and straightforward with everything you say. Way to stand for your political leanings despite the religious peer pressure. There aren't too many of us Liberal Mormons. Have you ever checked out www.furtherlightandknowledge.net or newordermormon.org? You may find a few more similarly minded people on odysseys just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five billion cheers for stress relieving! I wish you luck with your neuroscience endeavors! This post was a great read for this Sunday evening. I think you and I might be kindred blog spirit :)

    ReplyDelete