Monday, November 26, 2012

The seven days of hell...I mean finals week...


                Today as I walked around campus I got this bizarre feeling from everyone. If you looked into the eyes of a person you could see their soul. The face was gaunt, the stride was sluggish, and the skin was necrotic.  We must be getting close to finals.

                I do believe me and my fellow colleagues and everyone in school at the moment is suffering from a new disease I just made up called “endofthesemester necrosis.” This damaging disease occurs when all the professors decide to have their finals all at the same time. We have worked so hard through the semester and now in the end…we want to give up and just be done. Our study habits start to dwindle, we lose interest in things we once thought interesting, we DO NOT want to go to that 7.30am chemistry class -_- , and we start to BS everything. We start to become zombies..(maybe this is the real zombie apocalypse) SO as helpless students this adds up quite quickly and then we have a sympathetic nervous system reaction (pretend you are getting chased by a rabid bear for you non-medical folk….) I am guilty of getting EXTREMELY laid back when it comes to the end. I must conquer it. However, with that seductive siren named Christmas seductively calling me and a stomach full of turkey and yams…it’s not that easy. It sucks.
I saw this man on campus today. True Story. And all he did was bleed on his math book...

I remember it happening as a senior in high school. Where every day seems meaningless and miserable. Where my amigos just lose their luster and all I want is for it to be done. And guess what. It ended. And it was super weird (sometimes I have an allergic reaction to being an adult…they are not fun). As with this semester all things come to an end. We as students just have to put our big boy pants on and wade through the grey mass of senselessness. Then once we reach that blessed Monday when all the classes are done. We look back and feel triumphant. Then we miss that loathsome thing that is school and we go insane and go back another semester. We are fickle things. Whatever is your motivation. Keep at it. (I could use a massive bottle of Motivation…I could overdose pretty quickly I do believe…) Through thick and thin, hell and back, we can’t give up. If we do…it all means nothing. Three Cheers for school and Three cheers for Finals week!

(and maybe three cheers for caffeine and youtube to keep us distracted….)

 

P.S. Award yourself 200 blog points for reading! You go Glen Coco!

P.P.S Award another 200 points if you leave feedback….

P.P.P.S Award another 500 points if you make it through the semester. Alive. And not a Zombie…

P.P.P.P.S 300 points to RAVENCLAW!

 

1 comment:

  1. It's true. It's like we start the semester with bright eyes and dreams, but even after midterms we're ready for the next phase in life. I believe humans were not meant to be subject to pure lecture and book work without having side effects. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete