Saturday, June 29, 2013

Impossible


I’ve got Blogging fever. Deal with it. The fiancĂ© and I watched the movie “Impossible” last night. If you have not seen this movie, please stop everything you are doing and go check it out. Breathtaking. The movie is about a family who was separated during the massive tsunami in east Asia a few years ago. It documents their struggles to get back together again and it will change your life. Such a profound movie.
 

I am the kind of guy who analyzes movies up the wazoo. Its probably due to my neuroscience minor. I feel like I psychoanalyze WAY too much. Ask Kylie. But as is customary I dived deep into this movie and tried to find a deeper meaning. And guess what? I did.
 

            All throughout the movie it showed how during a disaster people seem to become different. We put differences aside and we see each other as human beings. With the exception of some true pricks in the world, people naturally want to help people when they can see suffering. I have often heard that disasters bring people together better than anything else. This is sad, but look at our history. From 9-11 to the Boston bombings. America is most united when we are suffering together. I think that is terrible.
 

            The movie is called impossible. Is it really impossible for us to care and treat each other differently without a disaster occurring? Why is it so hard for humans to be kind to each other? Why do we attack and harass one another when things are not catastrophic? But the minute people start to die its like the rose tinted glasses come off and we see each other for who we really are? It doesn’t make sense to me.
 


            Doesn’t it make more sense to be kind to people everyday? So when the catastrophes happen we will have no regrets. I am not perfect and I can be a mega douche to people sometimes. But I want to change. I want to see people for who they are. The world is filled with different ideals, opinions, beliefs, gods, dogmas, morals, and truths. Yet at the same time all these people are humans. Conscience beings with families. People with stories. People who have trials and afflictions and joys and happiness. Why can’t we connect with that instead of challenging the different ways of life?
 

            Impossible. I don’t think it is. I have a new ambition to turn this impossible way of thinking into the possible. A new goal to meet new people and see what makes them who they are. A new desire to do something with my life. To go somewhere and help people. To make a difference. To make my own impossible, into a beautiful possible.
 
Love this saying.
 
 

Luckily I have a beautiful future wife who is perfect at this.
 


P.S. Random post, but the movie was one of those movies that makes you re think your life. Which means it was an exceptional movie.

 
P.P.S 500 points for reading. 200 more if you go get the movie and watch. And 5000 more if you go out and make a new friend today.

No comments:

Post a Comment